Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Good afternoon, and bonjour, sweet babies.

In case you were wondering, my morning thus far:
(in list form because I love lists)

1. Somehow I made the perfect cup of coffee (my life's blood), a deliciously fattening bagel with cream cheesers, and fake bacon. (mmm)

2. Even amidst this heavenly yummyness, my silly brain managed to remind me that I am now 30 years of age, and jobless. 30. I remember when my Dad was 30, and how I thought that was some sort of magical age where everything came together in a sweet little victory knot of perfection. I'm sure my loving Dad would tell me that I'm being silly, and that of course he did not have life figured out any more than I currently do. But still, this morning during coffee, 30 hit me square between the eyes. It smarted a little bit.

3. My fella and I watched Pearl Harbor last night (i had never seen it) and it reminded me of how much I love that 40s style. SO for the better part of this morning I have been online trying to learn how to form Victory Rolls and other beautiful and romantic up-dos. I also found a great salon here in Phoenix that does pin up hair styles that I cant wait to try out. (once I am a working girl again, of course)

4. Lastly, I am headed out to Tempe tonight to pick up my curling iron, cookbooks, and see some of my favorite people. So I should be off, to repaint my nails and beautify before Murphy and I go on our daily walk.

Hope you all are having a happy day,
Love love love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sweetie it don't get no better at 56 and if you love 40's style talk to grandma, she lived it.