Friday, June 20, 2008

Megan!

First, let me say that this year was a trying one for me. I have moved on, so I won't bore you with details, but I will tell you that in the face of loneliness and total separation from everything I used to love I was given newness. Not the store bought cat-nip kind previously mentioned, but something far healthier.

I was re-introduced (or reminded?) of friends that I have had since I was little and growing up in my church. Meg and Melissa who I went to Tatum with, along with their parents and Megan's husband Jon have been such positive forces and examples of how I am well taken care of by the One who knows me best. Seems like I've read somewhere about how friends who are bonded together by Him can be closer than family...

And on the topic of family, mine is the best. My Dad is a never ending beacon of support and wisdom. My brothers and sister and their spouses are some of my favorite people to be around. We laugh more than anyone else I know, and have a language all our own. I am privileged to say that my sister is one of my best friends, and I am a better person for it.

At any rate, this particular blog is written in celebration and thanks for some amazing people that I have been given.

I hope you are lucky to have the same kinds of close friends/family. I know I am.

Megan doesn't know it yet, but I changed her homepage to my blog.(...thats why the title is her name)

You should too.

2 comments:

Fitness In Real Life said...

its been over a week....get your crap together


shwing.

Jess said...

Umm I was on vacation until last night.

Is there an extended absence notice I should have left?

dummy.:-)