Sunday, June 15, 2008


Happy Father's Day!

I've been feeling a familiar pull lately. I get restless sometimes. Like an itch under my skin starts, signaling that i need to spend some time alone, some reflection time, some time with the One who knows me best. It seems no coincidence that this time it happened right around Father's Day.

My heart lately has been focused on a few feelings that have been hard to understand. So the prayers have been something to effect of, "Just give me a definite sign," or "Just make this decision clear to me," or better yet "Just make this decision FOR me?" I am certainly not in favor of giving ultimatums to the Creator of the Universe, but sometimes, well a girl just needs some stinkin' answers.

So yesterday, after working my shift in the oh so glamorous hotel, I headed home with a plan to spend some Father's Day time with the Father of all. I made a date with Him, and turns out, He accepted.

I packed some food and a thermos of my favorite Orange Blossom tea and headed to the Beach Park. (Let me just sidenote here that I feel totally ridiculous calling it the "Beach Park" when it is, in fact, in the middle of Tempe, in the middle of the desert...and there isn't even any sand.) I also brought my journal, my bible, and purposefully left my summer reading material at home-to avoid distraction.

The walk there was pleasant, due to an uncharacteristic cool breeze, and the Zen was playing all the songs I love. The first thing I always do is walk by the Center for the Arts, because I love the water features that they have. The combination of the roaring water noise, cool breeze, and humid smell from the lake could almost make you think you were at a real beach. (If you closed your eyes. And wished real hard.)

I took a bunch of pictures, and found a spot where I could sit and read/write/pray for a while. It was really good to just turn off the phone and not care what else was going on in the world for a little while. It is so hard to find quiet peace.


Yesterday I found peace in the One who whispers my deepest desires straight to my heart.

What I found out is this:
I am loved. (so i should stop worrying so much)
I am taken care of. (He will fulfill all of the desires He created me with)
I am a work in progress. (so I shouldnt be so hard on myself)

Tomorrow I go back to the job and the week begins again, along with all of its' commitments. Hopefully I can carry this peace with me back into the flurry of normal life.

*Another sidenote: right when I was in the middle of some intense divine conversation, out on the lake somewhere in the dark calming quiet a guy yells "ICEBERG!!" I don't know if I should think about that too hard...but at the time I just laughed.*

I'll share the photos soon, hope you enjoy.

No comments: